Aug 18, 2009
Chicken Chili Soup
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 lbs diced, cooked chicken meat
2. cloves of garlic, minced
5. cups of chicken broth
1 onion, chopped
1. 18 ounce can of tomatillos, drained and chopped
3 diced green chilies
1. 16 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground coriander seed
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1. 15 ounce can of white beans
1. 12 ounce can of corn
1. Heat oil, and cook onion and garlic until soft
2. Stir in broth, tomatillos, tomatoes, chilies, and spies. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 mins.
3. Add corn, chicken and beans simmer for 5 mins.
4. Serve with choice of toppings: Lime slices, diced fresh cilantro, cheese, avocado, sour cream and tortilla chips.