Aug 3, 2009

Avada Kedavra!


My favorite part of the Half-Blood Prince. Snape(Alan Rickman) tosses the killing curse at the Near Dead Dumbledore. So many layers in that one moment it sent chills down my spine! I maybe be giving Mr. Rickman too much credit but I think he knew exactly what he was doing when he spoke those words, "Avada kedavra!"
Here's a little tid bit of info from harrypotter.wikia.com :

"Does anyone know where avada kedavra came from? It is an ancient spell in Aramaic, and it is the original of abracadabra, which means 'let the thing be destroyed.' Originally, it was used to cure illness and the 'thing' was the illness, but I decided to make it the 'thing' as in the person standing in front of me. I take a lot of liberties with things like that. I twist them round and make them mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment