Jul 7, 2010

Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes?!

I just HAD to do a Snake print.

My only regret is I didn't do it in time for AX 2008 when I met David Hayter. But I finally got around to making one.

Trying to think of the coolest Snake image was taxing. It began with 'which Snake is the most bad ass'. Well I'd say Big Boss Snake from MGS3. Then what is the most bad ass image of him. Of course when he's all hardcore topless like an 80's action movie hero laying into some baddies with a Mosin Nagant . . . wait no, a machine gun!


So after watching a couple of Rambos, Commandos, Terminators and the like, I came up with a pile of ridiculous machine gun poses.




Thin those out to a triawesome of candidates. And then finally select our lucky winner.



Stick a bunch of 'too new' gun silhouettes and a camo looking metal texture in the background. Make it a crazy bright color and hopefully the end result looks like the PSP MGS promo artwork.

This didn't actually start as a print. More just for fun. But I saw potential in that sweaty torso of manliness.

Bad ass Mission: Success.

1 comment: